It is recommended to use an acidic soil media. Many growers use sphagnum moss, perlite, orchid bark, coco choir fiber, peat and other inert media ingredients. You can mix many of these together in different ratios with great results. One option is a 50:25:25 ratio of perlite, coco choir chunks, and redwood mulch. The media should be buffered to a 5.6 – 5.8 ph reading. This has worked well for most of the species/hybrids that we grow.
- New Media Mixes Available!
- Announcing the Happy Growers Photo Contest!
- Black Friday
- Exotica Plants Pre-Order #1 – Inventory is Live
- 300 fresh plants, including un-rooted cuttings
- Native Exotics is excited to offer over 100 items tonight
- Auctions ending Friday, November 10th and more to be posted Sunday, November 12th
- New Nepenthes Hybrids with Nepenthes glandulifera
- No Tricks. Just Treats from Native Exotics
- New Plant Auction Platform Kicks-off Sunday